Sunday, February 21, 2010

February 21st

February 21st-

I do not have a picture of what my day was like today, because I am an idiot. But, I will tell you about my day: I realized I was late for Lent. {I am not religious, but I think that the idea of giving something up once a year is cool. So I celebrate lent.} I tried for two years now to give up bread, and I just can't do it. I forget and end up having an english muffin for breakfast or something and so, I decided on something new. I'm giving up Starbucks. I went through my Bank log the other day, and in the last month, I went to Starbucks thirteen times. That is ridiculous. At $4 a drink, that's like $50 spent only on coffee I could make at home. So, that's what I'm giving up.

I went to Brandon's nephews baptism today, and I wish I would have taken a picture because Justyn was just so funny! He kept making funny faces throughout the whole ceremony, and was making us all laugh. And although I was uncomfortable because I know nothing about religion, and everyone around me did, I'm glad I went.

So the picture for today is of the book I started last night, and plan on spending the rest of the night reading. It's 1st to die, of the Women's Murder Club series by James Patterson. I'm about 75 pages in and already know it is a fantastic book and hate to have to put it down. So, if you like crime novels, first read Kathy Reich's Temperance Brennan series, {New novel "Spider Bones" out in August! Should be cool even though spiders don't have bones....} And then read this series!


2 comments:

  1. Can I maybe borrow some of them during the summer, when I have free time to read? :)

    ReplyDelete